Senior Technical Business Analyst/Project Manager
Toronto, Canada Area
- We are looking for a critical thinker, self starter and creative problem solver that will bring knowledge, technical experience and collaboration to our Team. This is a multi-facetted role in which you would be responsible for Business Analysis, Design, Database Design and Project Implementation. There is a heavy focus on B/A work and deliverables, including project proposals, statement of work, functional design documents, process mapping, work breakdown, database design, project plans, etc.
- Business/Systems Analysis: Collaborate with customers to understand customer needs in order to define detailed requirements. Define user requirements, functional requirements and technical/database requirements. Gather, analyze, document and prioritize requirements for projects. Assure requirements traceability throughout the life cycle of the project.
Engagement Management: Manage small teams in the implementation of our projects; determine the client needs by applying appropriate approaches, tools, and techniques to assess the client's business. Develop work plans and risk management strategies for solutions. Exercise a leadership role to drive the completion of deliverables.
- Client Management: Manage day to day interactions with client teams and staff; communicate clearly and professionally; work closely with client to understand engagement change implications and facilitate implementation.
- Business Development: Participate in aspects of the proposal development cycle; contribute to the development of proposal technical content; participate in the development of sales presentation or market positioning material.
- Practice Development & Eminence: Participate in the development of market–valued intellectual capital; contribute to the development of practical solutions and methodologies; participate in third parties and partners relationship building.
- People Development: Perform role of counselor and coach
Please note that this is a hands-on position that requires an individual who is VERY detail oriented, is truly capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing, has a technology background (must be able to work with developers), who has experience and passion for analysis, design, and loves to document.
This role is only intended for those who are interested in rolling up their sleeves and taking ownership of designing and delivering quality and timely project implementations. Please do not apply if you are more of a high level Project Manager who is interested in managing project schedules/people.
Desired Skills & Experience
In addition, successful candidates will also have the following preferred skills and experience:
- 3+ years of relevant Consulting and Business Analysis experience. Information Technology consulting experience is a strong asset. Experience gathering, analyzing, documenting and prioritizing requirements, ability to model Use Cases and communicate functional requirements to other project members
- Ability to generate extensive, detailed, and professional project-related documentation quickly and on a regular basis.
- 5+ years of previous IT Project Management experience. Strong leadership skills and the ability to execute through all phases of the project lifecycle from scoping and planning, requirements gathering, design, development, testing, and go live.
- Strong implementation and deep knowledge in any one of the following areas:
- Enterprise Content Management
- Document Imaging
- Document Management
- Information Architecture
- Collaboration, Workflow
- Taxonomy / Search / Metadata
- Knowledge of one or more Information Management toolsets such as Kofax Capture, Open Text, Sharepoint, EMC Documentum or other ECM
- 3+ years of previos experience in Programming and Database Design.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills including a proven track record in developing and conducting interviews, focus groups and presentations.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams
- Ability to develop and present new ideas and conceptualize new approaches and solutions
- Strong business acumen with solid analytic skills and conceptual thinking
- A hunger for success and to get a job done well
- Committed to customer satisfaction
- Ability to work in a fast paced and demanding environment
- Strong commitment to professional client service excellence
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities
- Ability to work independently, and manage mid-large engagements
We are an Enterprise Content Management Solutions (ECM) Consulting Integrator, a leader in the implementation of Document Imaging/Management & Workflow technologies. If you share our principles of innovation, motivation & a commitment to excellence, consider joining our team for this exciting opportunity in a growth market.
We are looking for energetic, motivated, highly reliable individuals who take ownership and enjoy challenges. Working with a small team, you will be responsible for providing technical leadership to define, design, plan, implement and support enterprise-wide document capture, document management, and workflow solutions for our customers.
Keywords: Toronto, Mississauga, Markham, Senior technical Business Analyst, Managers,B/A work,
Apply to this job